This is a summary of Athanasius' life and what you can learn from it. Cool huh?
I became interested with Saint Athanasius when I read about him in my history book and saw that he was exiled in Trier, Germany at one piont in his holy life. Just the little word "Trier" focused my attention and I began to do more research and then came up with these essays. I wrote them especially for you.
Athanasius completely and without doubt accepted that Jesus is “one in being with the Father”. “Jesus is True God and True Man” are the only words I am able to write to express this great mystery, explanation is beyond human abilities. Still, we must be faithful to Christ and listen carefully to what the Church teaches. For the Church is guided constantly by the Holy Spirit and is, therefore, infallible. Jesus sacrificed His life for us with an adoring love. To show our thankfulness to Him we should have unwavering faith and trust in what He says. To do that we must accept His teachings such as, he said that to have eternal life, we must consume His Body and Blood, “This is My Body…and this is My Blood” We should trust that what He said is completely true (the bread and wine do not symbolize His Body and Blood, otherwise He would have said “This is a symbol of My Body…and this is a symbol of My Blood” which He did not.) We should also try to imitate His goodness, love and generosity and listen to His Word and, like St. Athanasius, be faithful to Him and His teachings.
During his many exiles, St. Athanasius tried to write about the two natures of Christ to his followers, “My writing has caused me great pain for the more I desire to write…it seemed the understanding of this great mystery escaped me. More over, I was not able to express in writing even what I seemed to grasp, so what I wrote fell short even the imperfect shadow of truth in my mind. Although often tempted to quit, I constrained myself to keep writing so as to not disappoint you and those who depend on me.” Athanasius firmly believed in Christ, whom he dearly loved. He was even ridiculed and exiled for what he believed. He was tempted to give up more than once, but he never abandoned Christ. He held firm to the one, true faith; an example which all should follow. Athanasius accepted Catholicism even though he did not fully understand. Arian as well as other men after him could not fully understand Christ and his mysterious teachings, so they took the easy way out and made up false religions and abandoned the Church and so abandoning Christ.
Written for you by,
BooBaby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment